Background and Training:
Susanne has recently returned after six months in Europe studying the best of European art.
Art is life and that is how she views the world, an exciting journey of discovery and evolution.
Susanne as an Artist who has tried many styles and is only now evolving into her own.
Since the arrival of abstract art, the term figurative has been used to refer to any form of modern art that retains references to the real world and has been particularly used to refer to artists that retain aspects of the real world as their subject matter. She enjoys using the human figure and placing it in its own natural space.
Susanne works in acrylics, oils and mixed media. Her slightly `off-center´ sense of humor can be seen in her work and her art always offers a story for the viewer to discover.
In her work, she uses contemporary ideas often combined with the human form to portray her message. Her aim is to encourage the viewer determine their own truth about her work, to discover things they may not normally see and to let their imagination run wild.
Susanne lives on the beautiful Gold Coast in Australia. Recently she has moved closer to the ocean and walks along the shore every day. During these strolls she sometimes finds driftwood which she has just commenced turning into small pieces of art.
After a break from painting during her recent travels to study art in Europe, Susanne has re-commenced exhibiting on the Gold Coast and has finally been able to secure her own studio space, which has been a goal of hers for quite a while.
Exhibitions and Commissions
- Eclectic Art Exhibition – Robina Community Gallery March, 2007
- OzArtists2 Art Exhibition comprising 19 local artists – Robina Community Gallery, February 2008
- Bruce Lynton Charity Auction 2009
- Highly Commended: Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show, 2009
- Korea-Japan-Australian Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition– South Korea 2009
- PO11B Exhibition – Robina Gallery, February 2012
- Watling Gallery, G C – ‘Open your Eyes’ Korea Australian International Art Exchange Exhibition – April 2012
- “It’s all in the Stars” Exhibition, RQAS, Broadbeach, Gold Coast – November 2012
- Allied Artists – Robina Gallery December 2014
- Exhibits regularly at the Royal Queensland Art Society Gallery (RQAS), Broadbeach, Gold Coast, 2015 onwards
- ‘Texture is the Key’, First Avenue Gallery, Gold Coast 2019
Susanne accepts commissions for work.