Background and Training:
A Self-taught artist, Susanne has undertaken Workshops in many art methods including Life Drawing; Print making; Abstract and Contemporary Painting; Oils, Acrylic and Watercolour. She felt the need to experience as many styles and types of painting before she could develop her own personal style and method – however this is proving to be a never ending journey of discovery and evolution.
Susanne now predominantly works in oils and mixed media. She has a slightly `off-centre´ sense of humor which comes out in her work and her art always offers a story for the viewer to discover. In her work, Susanne uses contemporary ideas often combined with the human form to portray her message. She often writes a small story or poem to accompany her works, to invite the viewer to seek hidden meanings.
Exhibitions and Commissions
- Eclectic Art Exhibition – Robina Community Gallery March, 2007
- OzArtists2 Art Exhibition comprising 19 local artists – Robina Community Gallery, February 2008
- Bruce Lynton Charity Auction 2009
- Highly Commended: Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show, 2009
- Korea-Japan-Australian Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition– South Korea 2009
- îPO11B Exhibition – Robina Gallery February 2012
- Watling Gallery, G C – ‘Open your Eyes’ Korea Australian International Art Exchange Exhibition – April 2012
- “It’s all in the Stars” Exhibition, RQAS, Broadbeach, Gold Coast – November 2012
- Allied Artists – Robina Gallery December 2014
- Exhibits regularly at the Royal Queensland Art Society Gallery (RQAS), Broadbeach, Gold Coast
The Fudge Shop on Springbrook Mountain, Queensland
Member of the Management Committee, RQAS, 2006-2007-2008-2009
Editor of the RQAS bi-monthly Newsletter, 2006-2007-2008
Member of the Gallery Committee, RQAS, 2006-to date
Paradise Magazine, Gold Coast Bulletin, March 2007
Amazing Homes, Gold Coast Bulletin, January 2008
Paradise Magazine, Gold Coast Bulletin, May 2008
Paradise Magazine, Gold Coast Bulletin, April 2010
Susanne undertakes commissions in various areas of the artistic spectrum; recently she has become involved in designing company logos, cartoon characters for a children’s’ storybook and she is experimenting in sculpture.
Susanne accepts commissions for work