Background and Training:
Art is life and Susanne views the world as an exciting journey of discovery and evolution.
After a break from painting during her recent travels to research and study art in Europe, Susanne has re-commenced exhibiting on the Gold Coast and has been able to secure her own studio space, a goal of hers for quite a while. She paints every day and she is in her ‘happy’ space when creating in her studio.
Susanne works in acrylic, oil and mixed media. Her love nature with all its wonderful colour and diversity has a huge influnce on her art and an `off-center´ sense of humor can be seen in her work which offers a story for the viewer to discover. Her contemporary ideas usually combine with the human form to portray her message.
Her aim is to encourage the viewer to determine their own truth about her work, to discover things they may not normally see and to let their imagination run wild.
Susanne lives on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Exhibitions and Commissions
- Eclectic Art Exhibition – Robina Community Gallery March, 2007
- OzArtists2 Art Exhibition comprising 19 local artists – Robina Community Gallery, February 2008
- Bruce Lynton Charity Auction 2009
- Highly Commended: Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show, 2009
- Korea-Japan-Australian Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition– South Korea 2009
- PO11B Exhibition – Robina Gallery, February 2012
- Watling Gallery, G C – ‘Open your Eyes’ Korea Australian International Art Exchange Exhibition – April 2012
- “It’s all in the Stars” Exhibition, RQAS, Broadbeach, Gold Coast – November 2012
- Allied Artists – Robina Gallery December 2014
- Exhibits regularly at the Royal Queensland Art Society Gallery (RQAS), Broadbeach, Gold Coast, 2015 onwards
- ‘Texture is the Key’, First Avenue Gallery, Gold Coast 2019
- Finalist Lethbridge Small Scale Art Award 2019
Susanne accepts commissions for work.